Another Independence Day is here. A proud day for "most" of the Indians. Its today 59 years ago, we got our independence thru a unique Non Violent Struggle.
Today should be the day of celebrations and pure joy. However, when I look around I see a nation under siege. Every vital installation & Place in the country looks like a fort.
- Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research: The Indian Army along with the commandos of the National Security Guards (NSG) has taken over security of the Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research (IGCAR) at Kalpakkam, imposing an ‘informal curfew’ in and around the facility within a radius of 8 km.
- DELHI: Tens of thousands of police and paramilitary soldiers were deployed across the Indian capital, a city of 14 million people, where terror attacks were feared the most. Sharp shooters stood atop government offices, while security forces placed barricades on almost all major streets of the city.
- MUMBAI: Mumbai looks like a fortess.
- Kasmir: Nothing new in Kashmir which always looks like Fortess, Except some of the Kasmiris celebrate Independence day as Black Day
- Assam: Assam on Saturday sounded a maximum security alert, deploying army, police and paramilitary soldiers in vulnerable areas ahead of Independence Day celebrations even as the toll from an overnight landmine explosion went up to six.
- Central India: Central India is on alert for suspected Naxal Attacks
Seems that no part of India is safe. Is this our achievement in last 59 years. We are ruled by a leader who is supported by a group who pride themselves as watchdogs. True to their word, Unlike other watchdogs these specimens only Bark. Perhaps, its contageous also as our PM also seems to be doing the same everyday.