Politics seems to be the best career option which gives maximum return of investment.
According to Delhi Election Watch, an independent citizen body the last five years have yielded rich monetary gains for most of the sitting MLAs contesting this year's Delhi Assembly elections with the legislators declaring an average of more than double the monetary value of assets recorded in 2003.
Key among them being:-
- The highest increase in assets has been attained by BSP candidate from Patparganj, Madan Singh, whose wealth has jumped 12 times at 1,237 per cent. However, he is not a sitting MLA.
- Congress's Barkha Singh from R K Puram constituency, whose declared assets reveal a 1,002 per cent increase in their assets
- Timarpur's Congress MLA Surinder Pal Singh, whose wealth has jumped by close to 10 times at 972 per cent.
- Transport Minister Harun Yusuf, who is seeking a fourth term from the Ballimaran constituency has quadrupled his wealth at 482 per cent
- BJP's Jagdish Mukhi from Janakpuri has registered a 412 per cent jump